Hello people! I am going to start a blog today about crystals. My passion for crystals is although new but they have amazed me alot in this short period of time(a month). I have used Rose Quarts, Garnet, Ruby and carnalian. Carnalian which is Aqeeq is very famous in us muslims. So it has a religious importance because wearing it is Sunnah. It comes in many many different colors. I have seen Red, yellow, brown, black and pink. We can wear it in rings or it can be kept as a stone.
As I told you wearing it is sunnah, I think its really nice to start my blog with benefits of wearing it according to hadith. I am going to quote some lines here which I have found really related.
The Holy Prophet of Islam Rasooallah has said whoever wears Aqeeq his wishes will be fulfilled. A hadith from Janabe Salman Farsi states that the last Prophet requested Imam Ali to wear a ring on the right hand so that he may be listed among the Muqarrabeen (those near to Allah). The Imam asked the Prophet as to whom the Muqarrabeen were, to which the Prophet replied Janabe Jibreel and Janabe Mikaiel. Then the Imam inquired as to which stone he should wear. The prophet replied Aqeeq (cornelian), as this red stone had accepted the Oneness of Allah, the Prophethood of the lat Prophet, and the vicegerency of Ali ibne Abi Talib.
· Imam Ali ibn Abi Taleb has said wear Aqeeq on your rings, you will be blessed and will be saved from afflictions.
· Imam Jaffar e Sadiq has said that a prayer with Aqeeq is 40 times better than one without.
· Imam Musa e Kazim said that it’s a great sawab to use tasbih of Aqeeq.
· Imam Muhammad Taqi stated that Aqeeq takes away poverty and dissolves differences in ones heart.
· Imam Muhammad Baqar has stated that if a person possesses a ring set in Aqeeq and turns in towards his palm and then looks at it, and recites Surah Qadr (chapter 97), then Allah keeps him protected the whole day from trouble, wherever they are descended from heaven or earth and he will be protected until the evening by Allah, and Allah’s friend who will guide him.
· Imam Reza has said “Whoever wears a ring with an Aqeeq on it, firstly he will not become needy and secondly what God has destined for him, will be good.” So basically each one of us should wear one and it is really affordable. Prices can vary according to the size of the stone. In my experience, even a small sized stone can do alot for you. I am also sharing a video from youtube here, about carnalian. I hope it will help you to understand more and from another perspective too.